Monday 4 November 2013

Numb

During Dublin Marathon i had some very strange side-effects to my energy gels which I was later to find was down to being a complete numpty on my part.

At the 5k point I took gel number 1. This feels a little weird my fingers feel funny and my lips are a tiny bit numb, okay must just be dehydrated drink up and crack on.

Hit 10k and same thing happens at this point I was considering whether it was safe for me to continue as the feeling in my tongue had went! I wasn't even pushing the pace at all.

However after taking energy gel 3 a slow realisation past my mind. I had packed my ibuprofen gel (no top) and energy gels in the same bag for the flight over.  So basically as you've kinda guessed each energy gel was dipped in ibuprofen.

This isn't any secret marathon running formula I've come up all on my own but it did cancel any doubts I might have had about whether liquid ibuprofen actually works.

Surely I'm not the only one to do something silly like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment